The Flemish Swimming Federation, together with FFBN (Fédération Francophone Belge de Natation) and the KBZB (Royal Belgian Swimming Federation), has recruited Fred Vergnoux as national head coach for swimming.
- Fred Vergnoux, French nationality, born in 1973, holds a diploma in coaching swimming activities from the Ministry of Sport - France, has a Bachelor's degree in Physical Education (Grenoble) and a Master's degree in Physiology specialising in Nutrition (Paris Medical University).
- Throughout his career, he has been a coach at Racing club de France (1997 -2000), CS Clichy 92 (2002 -2004), Head Coach City of Edinburgh (2004 -2008), Great Britain men's head coach (OS Beijing Great Britain), club Natacion Sabadell, Head Coach & Spanish national team Coach ( 2010 -2013), National Training Centre Head Coach Spain and Spanish Olympic head Coach ( 2013 -2021).
- Main results: 8 World records, 11 European records, 3 Commonwealth records, 9 South American records /// 5 Olympic medals, 22 World Championship medals and 38 European Championship medals. He has coached, among others, Mireia Belmonte, Alena Popchenka, Amaury leveaux and Kirsty Balfour.
- It is our intention to build up a performing Belgian swimming team again over the next 6 years until the OS 2028 and possibly longer, under the leadership of Fred Vergnoux, where he will have the direct sport technical leadership of the elite and juniors function (next generation) and together with all our staff will steer the talent identification and talent development.
- The responsible persons of Swimfed and FFBN are convinced that Fred Vergnoux has the necessary experience, knowledge and passion to successfully lead this project.
Welcome and good luck Fred.